The Industrial Electrician will install and maintain the electrical wiring, fixtures, systems in buildings and work with production machines
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring, systems, and fixtures in buildings.
- Installs conduits and pipes to industrial electrical wires and cables.
- Ensures piping complies with electrical codes.
- Installs circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connects wiring to them.
- Tests electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Inspects electrical systems to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Replaces conduit and wiring as needed.
- Replaces circuit breakers as needed.
- Troubleshoot problems and make timely repairs
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical systems and components
- Inspect, test, and diagnose issues with electrical systems and components
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong trouble shooting skills.
- Knowledge of bagging machines, motor controls, frequency drives.
- Knowledge of single & three phase controls.
- Knowledge of PLC systems.
- Working knowledge of electrical theory, and the associated principles, materials, and
- Comfortable reading and understanding schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship and valid electricians license required.
- 5 years of electrical experience in a food or industrial facility.
- Experience with all phases of electrical wiring.
- Valid driver’s license in state of practice
- Experience with all aspects of electrical safety.