IT Support Technician
The IT Support Tech provides technical assistance to end users of Northern Wind computer system. Answers a vast array of questions, ranging from troubleshooting internet connections, install and test PC, fix performance issues, diagnose hardware-related problems and repair PC’s for the offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
- Manage network Infrastructure.
- Works closely with the contracted IT managed service provider to properly maintain NorthernWind IT Systems.
- Responsible with providing support to productions department on developing setups to existingand new labeling for approval.
- Responsible for the installation of hardware and software onto computers; and runningmaintenance checks on a daily basis.
- Manage IT assets inventory (Computer, monitors, phones, printer ribbons, toner, etc.).
- Train individuals to use newly installed hardware or software.
- Responsible for the creation of Instructional Manuals.
- Ensure all personnel receive sufficient training to keep the machinery/equipment clean andneat.
- Manages business phone system and communicates directly with vendor on all issues.Required Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations.
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to avaried audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve multiple issues.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
- 2+ years’ experience on current network operating systems.
- A+, Network+ Certified Associate accreditation.
- Seafood Experience preferred.
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift equipment.
- Health, Dental, 401k, PTO