Purchasing / AP Assistant
The Purchasing /AP Assistant will perform various routine clerical duties to support the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
- Coordinates the issuance of purchasing orders.
- Matches accounts payable documentation for precision.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the department including typing, filing, and completion of simple forms.
- Types reports, purchase orders, memoranda, and other documents.
- Maintains records and follow up files of purchases, shipments, and related matters.
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts).
- Researches vendors and collects prices, specifications, and other data related to goods and services.
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
- Address and report active purchase errors in a timely manner.
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders.
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition.
- Cross-reference product deliveries with purchase orders.
- Monitoring stock levels and identifying purchasing needs.
- Tracking orders and ensuring timely delivery.
- Assists with clerical account receivable duties as necessary.
- Assists with payroll operation by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Serves as the backup receptionist for the office, greeting visitors and applicants.
- Answers phones, directs calls to appropriate individuals, and prepares messages.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and/or ADP a plus.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, associate’s degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in Purchasing, Procurement or Fiscal Administration.
- Work experience as a Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing Officer or similar role.
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software.
- Proven track record for strong negotiation skills preferred.